Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy belated 4th!

I had a pretty busy weekend. On Friday, I bought fireworks. They didn't make it through the night. Next time I buy fireworks, it's going to have to be the same day I'm supposed to set them off. Otherwise, the kids go crazy until I set a few off, and I'm not one to stop lighting them up after hearing my two applaud the first few. They didn't last nearly long enough.

On the third, we went out to quite a few places. We had Taco Bell for lunch. Riene got nachos bell grande, minus tomato, and Bear got a kid's meal. The kid's meal had a pretty cool 3-d Superman standup and a 3d poster with the red-and-blue 3d glasses. Riene wasn't upset that she didn't get a toy. She was actually proud that she got a "grown up meal."

We went to walmart, again. Twice, actually - the first time the kids got to pick out toys. The second time, I wouldn't even let them look at the toys because I knew they'd pester me until I let them get toys. I give in too easily sometimes.

On Saturday night, all my neighbors were blasting off mortars. It was a pretty sweet show for the 3rd, but it didn't compare to what I got to see on the 4th. A church was doing a display in one of their member's yards (which happens to be behind my place,) and there was an accidental fire in the display area. A few thousand dollar's worth of mortars went off in about a 10-minute span. I thought it was just a bunch of drunks being dumb, but it ended up on the news. That explained pretty quickly how they were able to blast them all off at once like I saw!

On the day of the 4th, I smoked a chicken and a mega pack of hotdogs. There's still a little bit of both left. That reminds me, I need to chop up more wood because grocery day is coming soon and I'll have another 20ish pounds of chicken to smoke so I can stick to my diet.

No word on what's up with Maria, but I was assured that regardless of whether or not she gives up her rights, she's going to be paying child support until both kids turn 18 or she dies, whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment