Friday, June 25, 2010

A Bit of Background

I'm Erik McBride, now single father of two children: My 7 year old daughter, Riene (Ree), and my 4 year old son, Erik (Bear). This blog is about our daily lives, what the kids say and do, and my random thoughts or maybe what I made for dinner. It's also here to give my soon-to-be-ex-wife a bit of insight into the daily lives of the kids she gave birth to, whom she now refuses to see.

The basic story is, Maria (the wife) was seeing other guys. I got solid evidence of it on February 5, 2010 and told her to leave. She attacked me, tried to stab me, and got arrested. After she got out of jail she told her boyfriend(s) and their families that I beat her up, raped her, then tricked the deputies into arresting her. Despite her hitting me, clawing me, throwing things at me, and rampaging through the house like Godzilla in Tokyo, I didn't hit her, or throw things back at her. I just called 911.

Since then, she's only seen the kids twice: Once on Valentine's Day, and once on May 1. She's stood the kids up on every other visitation since then. It's pretty sad; I hate to see my kids suffer like this. I keep them busy - take them to the zoo, the park, and what not. It's tough to explain to kids why their mom only saw them twice and insisted on letting them know how much happier she is with Chuck than she was with them.

Keep checking back, more to come.

2 comments: