Friday, June 25, 2010

Turkey Nachos for lunch?!?


My kids love nachos. What I normally do is throw some corn chips (tostitos or w/e) on a plate, toss on shredded cheese, and nuke it for 45 seconds. Then I dump on sour cream, and they're pretty happy. But, that's not exactly healthy, so I'm trying to add in some other stuff. Those two are so picky, who knows if they'll eat it.

My recipe:

Taco-flavored ground turkey from walmart: 1.20 for a pound.
walmart-brand fat free refried beans: .89 for a can
tub of sour cream: .98
shredded extra-sharp cheddar: 1.89 for a bag
bag of walmart brand dorito knockoffs: 1.88 for a bag

Brown the turkey (it's pretty good, I tasted it!) then chop fine and dump into a microwave safe bowl. Add in the beans and a bit of water, cover with plastic wrap (because scrubbing the beans out of the microwave really sucks), nuke for 2 minutes. Spread chips on a plate, then sprinkle cheese across. Nuke for 45 seconds. Dollop on the beans/meat mixture (which you should've stirred), then the sour cream. It's pretty tasty, but I won't be eating it: I'm on a diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment