Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Whew, what a hot day!

Today's been a real scorcher. I've been outside most of the day, mowing the lawn, playing with the kids in the pool, and weeding the garden. Oh yeah, and I laid on the deck for a bit to tan. It was so hot while I was tanning that I was just pouring sweat.

Riene and Bear think it's funny to smack my back and leave handprints when I'm sweating. So as I was laying there, those two kept pounding on my back. It's like a shiatsu, but a lot less fun.

We went to Food Lion and Dollar General today. I just needed to pick up milk and waffles, but the kids love browsing the dollar stores. (Duh, there's toys there.) And, they both ended up walking out with more toys. Bear got himself another spiderman, and Riene picked out a pretty cool water cannon. (I told Ree not to spray me, she did anyways. Go figure!)

I'm going to try something new for dinner. You know how when you make a meatloaf, the best thing about it are the sandwiches you have for leftovers? I'm going to skip the middleman and just make meatloaf burgers and cook them on the grill. Should be pretty tasty.

Oh yes, while I was at Food Lion I was scoping out the ice cream section. It's a bad idea to go to the store hungry, and even worse, to go buy groceries while you're hungry and on a diet. I found triple-chocolate Breyer's ice cream there with no sugar added. It's only 100 calories per 1/2 cup! That's even better than the frozen yogurt I'd picked up from walmart earlier in the month.

My kids keep getting on me about getting them a bunch of fireworks for the 4th. I'm not against buying fireworks, I'm just short on cash. I love to put on a nice show for them, but this year I'm not going to be able to afford more than $30 or so. Hopefully this year I find some nice fountains and not the cheap artillery rounds that look like they're fountains. With some of those package deals, you never know what you're really getting until you set it on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment