Friday, June 25, 2010

Spongebob!

My kids do a lot to entertain themselves, but it's way different from when I was a kid. I grew up in the woods with practically no other kids around. My mom would make us stay outside the majority of the time - if we kept coming in and out of the house, we'd end up in the garden pulling weeds or picking beans. It sucked then, although I enjoy doing both now in my own garden.

My kids love to watch tv, probably way more than I did. I didn't have cable, but they do. Spongebob (surprise!) is one of their favorite shows. They're actually watching it right now. It's probably one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen, but what the heck, they seem to enjoy it, and they don't trash the house when it's on.

They also love to play on my computer. Bear likes to watch Spiderman and Mario videos on Youtube. Riene likes to play on PBS Kids, Starfall, and Nick Jr. At least hers are educational. With Bear, I have to censor practically every video. You'd be surprised at how many Super Mario Bros. videos on Youtube are filled with obscene commentary by the poster. Then again, it's the internet, so what else should I expect?

I was going to buy them a Wii after my tax rebate arrived, but low and behold, I ended up spending all I had on a lawyer. Top that off with the fact that Maria took the living room tv, the dvd/vcr combo, the surround sound, my grill, and broke mine and my kid's computers, I've had a lot to replace. Money's in short supply at the present, but it's ok.

Today was going to be a zoo day (they love Riverbanks.) But, their friend Bubba was here, so today ended up being a stay-at-home-and-play day. They went through 3 changes of clothes playing in the pool. It's kind of annoying that they won't put on their bathing suits to get in the pool. They just dive in wearing whatever, sometimes including shoes. Good thing I'm great at doing laundry :P

No comments:

Post a Comment